Fostering Saves Lives. Become a Foster Today!
Fosters are special people and families who care for pets in need until they find their forever homes. JCAPL rescues, rehabilitates, spays/neuters, fosters, and adopts-out over 350 cats and 250 dogs each year. Without a shelter, fosters are the foundation of our organization. JCAPL would not be able to operate without them!
Interested in becoming a Foster?
Complete an online Volunteer Application (including the Foster section) to begin the process. Also download, review, and sign the Foster Application Guidelines and Agreements form.
What else should I know?
- Medical and behavioral evaluation prior to placing the pet in a foster home.
- Food for foster animals, dishes, leashes/collars for dogs, crates if needed, litter for cats, etc
- Vaccines up-to-date, deworming, flea prevention, heartworm prevention, and spay/neuter surgeries.
- FREE Behavioral Assessments, and training classes for foster family, and pet
Foster families provide:
- Daily care, and a start on training, to help the foster animal become a welcome family member.
- Attendance at adoption events.
- Transportation of the foster pet to scheduled vet appointments for vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, check-ups, and post-operative care.
- Regular communication with JCAPL Board Members; provide updates, request supplies, services, medicines, etc
More information about Fostering: