The Neuter/Spay Repay program was created by JCAPL to help local pet owners with limited resources to afford sterilizing their pets. Our funds are limited, so please only make a request if you are truly in need of assistance.
If you are a citizen of Johnston, Harnett, Wake, Wilson, Wayne, or Sampson Counties, you are eligible for this program. You will be reimbursed for (whichever is less):
- 50% of a surgery
- Up to $50 for a cat spay/neuter surgery, or $100 for a dog surgery
To be eligible and receive reimbursement, the following requirements must be met:
- You must fill out a request form and receive an approval number.
- Your pet must be sterilized (spayed or neutered) within 3 months of the date of approval, using your own vet.
- You must provide proof of the procedure and an invoice to the e-mail provided.
- Past surgeries are not eligible. Receipts must be from January 15, 2024 or later.
- We will issue a reimbursement check to you in approximately 30 days.
The program is limited to two (2) pets per household in a calendar year. Both male and female animals are eligible. The Spay Repay program only covers costs associated with the sterilization itself. You are responsible for the remaining costs of the sterilization and any other associated costs incurred with the veterinarian.
The program is limited to a first come first serve basis until the funding is exhausted. The administrator of the Spay Repay program will make the final decision on repayment. This program is not available for rescues to spay and neuter animals in their programs. This program may not be utilized for pet owners to recover their cost of surgeries in the JoCoPets program.
Many thanks to WalMart Local Community Grants for making this program possible. Stores in Clayton, Garner, Smithfield, and Goldsboro generously donated to help the animals in our local area.